You can cancel your free trial or subscription of Blinkist from the iOS app, the Blinkist website or from your iTunes account. Blinkist offers a seven day free trial with their annual subscription. However, they suggest canceling 24 hours before the expiry date, just to be on the safe side, and save being inadvertently charged.
There is no free trial with the monthly subscription. As such, when you sign up to the trial via the app, you go on the annual $79.99 plan. It is deducted from your iTunes account after seven days. Access to the premium features are not disabled until after the expiry period. So, if you decide to cancel early, say after two days, you will continue to have access to the extra features for another five days.
There have clearly been a few teething issues, with a few reviewers claiming they were charged the annual fee before their trial ended or before they had time to cancel. Subsequently, there are clear guidelines regarding the free trial and the cancellation process on Blinkist’s App store page.
There is no refunds on either monthly or annual subscriptions. If you decide to cancel mid-way through your chosen renewal period, you simply continue to have access until the period expires. As with most subscriptions, Blinkist is set to auto-renew. You must cancel the subscription to disable the auto-renewal.
The expiry date for your free trial can be found in the app and from the Manage Subscriptions page of your Apple account, like so...
To learn how to cancel your free trial or subscription, you can watch the video above or follow these six simple step...
- 1Open the Blinkist app, tap on You in the menu and the Settings cog.
- 2Tap on Cancel Free Trial.
- 3This will either take you directly to your Apple subscription settings, or to the App Store, where you can click on your Profile picture to access your Apple account.
- 4Tap on your name.
- 5Swipe down and tap on Subscriptions.
- 6If you have more than one subscription, you'll see Blinkist in the list, otherwise the Blinkist subscription details will open automatically. Click on Cancel Subscription and confirm you wish to cancel.