One of the features of a Blinkist Premium subscription is the ability to download your Books-in-Blinks ahead of listening to them. This saves on mobile data usage and ensures uninterrupted access in areas with patchy cell signal, or if you're flying.
Before starting to download, you should check your Blinkist settings, as there are some useful features that you might want to enable or disable, depending on your preferences.
To learn how to download audio, watch the video or read on for a step-by-step guide and some helpful time-saving and data-saving tips when using Blinkist.
Start by Checking Your Audio Settings
- 1Tap on You in the menu bar and the Settings cog.
- 2Swipe down to Audio settings. Here you have 3 options:
If Download with Mobile Data option is disabled, you will not be able to listen to books that you have not pre-downloaded until your phone has a WiFi connection. The following message will appear stating that the Audio stream has been paused due to connectivity issues.
Add a book to your Blinkist Library
- 3You can only download books that are in your Blinkist Library. To add a book to your Library, click on the + button.
Tap to on the headphones to download
- 4To start the download process, in your Library, tap on the headphones icon next to each book. There is no limit to how many books you can download at any one time. However, the more you select, the slower the process will take.
- 5The headphone icon will turn grey when the download is complete.
Turn on flight mode to test
- 6You can test that your books have successfully downloaded by turning on flight mode and listening to one of your books.
Play the audio
- 7Tap on a book to open it and tap Listen to begin the audio playback.